Sunday, July 16, 2006

Mr. Cole's Morning View

A brief note on the titles of my paintings... They are not named from the actual places but are named because they remind me places I have visited. All of my paintings are from bits and pieces of old memories, inspiration and imagination. This painting when finished reminded me of the stunning valley views from North Lake in the Catskill Mountains. The morning mist and fog was still clinging to the tree branches as the heat of the day turned the cool mountain air into steam. Anyone who is familiar with the works of Thomas Cole and Fredric Church and have been lucky enough to view the stunning natural beauty of North Lake, the Catskill Mountain House cliffs or Kaaterskill Falls knows the beauty that has inspired artists for centuries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home