Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Art Show

As stated in a reply to my first blog comment, the softer focus paintings really don't translate very well. What is lost is the depth and clarity of the brush strokes and subtle color blends. If any of these listed paintings appeal to you or you have a critique, I'd be glad to hear it. I'm open to all types of constructive criticism, or if needed, a little harsher criticism.

I'm preparing myself for an upcoming local artshow. The show, The Stockade Villagers' 55th. Annual Outdoor Art Show on September 9th. will be held in Schenectady, New York. If it's a nice day, as it usually is that time of year, it's a great way to spend an afternoon. A wonderful show in a quaint neighborhood filled with all types of artwork and perfect for people watching.

This will be the second show that I've entered. I was in it 3 years ago showing my sculptured pieces. It was the first art show I was ever in and I was happy with the results and accolades. This time it will be mostly my paintings and possibly a few broken art pieces.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

5:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home