Monday, July 10, 2006

Secluded Cove


My art is all about mood and atmosphere....The mood I'm in when I'm creating and the atmosphere of the finished piece....

I let the fluid movements of brush and paint take me away to wherever I need to go at that moment. I do not plan a direction for what a piece may look like. It really is a dance of unconscious energy.

I usually only paint during the winter months when the cold just won't let go and I crave the teasing warmth of spring. There is something about swirling a brush around on a snow white canvas and filling it with warm colors that let's me shake the cold.

I'm also very selfish when it comes to my artwork. I have a hard time letting a piece go. Although I like to share the creative experience, I never intended for my art to be made for financial gain. I make it for the enjoyment of the creative process. I make it to decorate my home and I make it to lift my spirits and to enhance my life. Basically it's that simple.

3 Comments:

Blogger myblackfriendsays said...

I like it. It's a hill, yet more than that...

2:52 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Thanks, It doesn't translate as well online or at least not here. I have a hard time taking photos of my paintings. They are soft focused images to begin with and once uploaded and reduced in size something gets lost in the translation. Anyway, thanks I appreciate the fact that somebody found it. This blogging is all new to me...

6:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home